Okay, boys and girls, it’s time for Mama A.J.’s Words of Wisdom (aka Ten Things That Are Pissing Me Off).
- If you call in sick but feel good enough to spend your day on Facebook talking about how sick you are, then shut up and go to work.
- If you can drive yourself to the ER to get shots of pain meds for your Migraine, then chances are good that you don’t really need the shots.
- If you get Disability for a “bad back” but get cash for doing roofing jobs “on the side”, then you are slime.
- If you get Disability for Narcolepsy but can still get a Driver’s License, then our system is totally screwed up.
- If you get Food Stamps and WIC but can afford $300 extensions and bi-weekly gel manicures, then we have a problem.
- If you have lost a lot of weight and you feel the need to whine and wheeze about how hard life is now that you are skinny, then shut the hell up and eat a damn cheeseburger.
- If you bitch about your employer and co-workers on Facebook and you are surprised when you get fired for it, then you are an idiot.
- If you use social media to make public announcements about private matters, then you forfeit the right to tell anyone to mind their own business.
- If you post your writing on a public site and bawl like a little baby the instant someone doesn’t praise you, then don’t post your work on a public site. Hang it on your mommy’s refrigerator and get a new pacifier.
- If you can’t remember the last time you said something that wasn’t a complaint, then suck it up, Snowflake. We’re tired of hearing it.
2 thoughts on “If . . . Then”
Ha! I agree with all but #1. I think there’s a lot of room between being too sick to go to work and too sick to be on Facebook, especially if your job involves physical labor. Even if it’s a desk job, a lot of employers are moving toward asking their employees to PLEASE stay home and not infect everyone else. With the section of a stomach virus (I loathe stomach viruses) I have trouble imagining something bad enough to keep me off the computer (or reading, watching TV, etc.) that didn’t require an ER visit. I might feel differently if I had ever suffered through a severe migraine. i thought the ones I had when I was pregnant were awful, but I know they’re nowhere near what some people deal with. 😉
Good points. But you know the ones I’m talking about — the ones who post twenty different statuses in a day, all moaning “I’m so sick, pity me!” If you’re THAT sick, go to a doctor or lie down.
And I know what you mean about Migraines. Mine make me vomit and sit in a dark room for days., and I know there are people with far worse. But if they are THAT bad, how do they drive to ER, get a shot, drive home, and then sit down at the computer to tell the world how bad it still is?