I am honored to have been nominated for a Liebster Award! I keep seeing it pop up on other people’s blogs, and I am absolutely tickled to get the chance to be a part of it. I was nominated by Anja, whose blog is full of inspiration, motivation, and a lot of wisdom. And she’s got great hair. You should go check out her blog.
And now, down to business. The Liebster Award is very unique in the fact it brings recognition to the smaller blogs of the ‘verse. With that in mind, all of the nominated blogs will have less than 200 followers.
- Thank the Liebster Blog presenter who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Post 11 facts about yourself, answer the 11 questions you were asked and create 11 questions for your nominees.
- Nominate 11 blogs who you feel deserve to be noticed and leave a comment on their blog letting them know they have been chosen.
- Display the Liebster Award logo.
- No tag back thingys.
Now eleven utterly random
- I have been married for seventeen years
- When I was 18, I traveled to England with a teenage theater company.
- I have met a surprising number of celebrities in my life, which is odd considering the fact that I live in a very small town in Michigan.
- I make fantastic peanut butter no-bake cookies.
- Snakes make me pee.
- My favorite flowers are lilacs and daffodils.
- I am either the unluckiest person on Earth, or the luckiest. I’m not sure which, but I wouldn’t recommend standing next to me in a thunderstorm.
- I believe that a good laugh can fix almost everything.
- I used to be fluent in German.
- I can’t sing, but I do it anyway. All the time.
- I believe that any day that involves Lake Michigan is a good day.
Eleven Questions I Have Been Asked
- If you could be any flavor ice cream, what color would you be? I would want to be lemon ice cream, because it’s sweet and tart at the same time. And I’d want to be purple because that would be really unexpected.
- What authors, photographers or artists inspire you? John Keats, Chopin, Kurt Vonnegut, Mark Twain and Douglas Adams.
- Do you have any regrets in life? Of course! But life can’t be lived in reverse, so I try not to dwell on them. Although I really wish I could go back and un-say a few horrible things to my friend Kathy.
- Why do you blog? I blog to to reach out to others, to give them something to think about or make them chuckle. I also do it as a way to improve my writing habits.
- Are you an introvert or extrovert? Combo? I am a recovering extrovert.
- Who is your hero? Nancy Gideon. She is a successful novelist who still has a day job and somehow still found time to raise her children while encouraging and helping aspiring writers. And she is so astonishingly nice.
- Was there ever a food you refused to eat as a child, but now can’t get enough of? Brussels sprouts.
- What do you think the color red tastes like? Like good chili – spicy and tangy, but oh-so-yummy.
- If you could pick your own theme song…what would it be? “I Will Survive” (although there are days when Nugent’s “Kiss My A**” is a close second).
- What hobbies do you have NOT blog related? I love needlework, especially embroidery and hand-quilting. It’s my Prozac.
- What is your favorite number? Six
Eleven Questions for My Nominees
- If you could be a superhero, what power would you want?
- Coke or Pepsi?
- What do you believe in?
- Who inspires you?
- Are you an Old Soul or Young at Heart?
- What was your first job?
- Pick your own question here…..
- What is your dream car?
- If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- Dog person or cat person?
- What one place would you like to visit before you die?
My Eleven Nominees
http://donofalltrades.com/ (added a little bit late because I can’t count!)